Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You’ll Do:
At Wilson, the Social Media Associate, Brand & Sportswear, is an analytical thinker who thrives in fast-paced situations, can seamlessly liaise with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally and who has a strong understanding of social media best practices, reporting and analytics.
This role is responsible for owning the @Wilson brand social channels. As a brand steward responsible for delivering our authentic tone – we are looking for someone naturally able to live at the intersection of sport, fashion, and culture. With the launch of Wilson Sportswear and our own retail stores – social media is a critical connection point to our growing community of avid athletes and professionals alike. An expectation from day 1 will be a passion for connection, compelling content planning and community management that enables growth and engagement with our social media audience across new and existing social media platforms. The goal of the Wilson Sporting Goods social media strategy is to build, nurture and grow loyal communities as well as leverage brand social media platforms to promote our products, generate awareness and grow brand loyalty; ultimately driving an increase in sales.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
DATA & ANALYTICS
- Stay current on platform updates and innovations, applying best practices across the board
- Develop and present reports to brand leadership including metrics, community insights & key learnings; present key insights in a compelling, strategic way
- Provide continuous analysis & insights around the performance of all social engagement
- Gather and analyze insights from across social; monitor competitors in the space and surface relevant learnings to the team
CONTENT & COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT
- Curate authentic and timely content that showcases a uniform Wilson brand message utilizing writing, photography, videography and other multimedia channels.
- Support social strategy in the development of content recommendations/plans
- Manage the daily moderation of communities, serving as the brand’s first touchpoint with the consumer
- Be the eyes and ears of the brand; identify conversations or crisis that requires response and route through the appropriate departments for resolution
- Locate and engage potential advocates within the brand’s social community; work cross-functionally with Influencer Marketing team with the goal of creating engaging content, third party endorsements and long-term online advocacy of the brand
- Oversee consistent brand presence in social on a global level, which includes cascading and g strategies, providing feedback on content, ensuring proper knowledge of how the Wilson brand is expressed in social media (market to market) and growing social acumen of counterparts in priority global markets
What We’re Looking For :
This role requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, digital media, communications, etc) plus a minimum of 2-4 years of experience of relevant experience in a corporate or agency setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other qualifications include:
- Subject matter expertise in social media – first-hand experience with major platforms, their differences, benefits and unique features, including, but not limited to: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, SnapChat and more
- Experience leveraging social media management and analytics tools, such as Sprinklr
- People oriented – Proven experience working as part of a team with common goals
- Strong project management skills with ability to juggle competing priorities
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills
- Social savvy – Addicted to social networking; consider yourself an early adopter of new tools & functions
- Interest in fashion and knowledge of the sports landscape (including but not limited to tennis / basketball / football / baseball / golf) is a huge benefit.
What We’ll Provide
Applicants for this role may be remote or local to Chicago.
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
The company did not fill out the description.