Website Manufacturers Bank
Join us on our mission to create a completely new, 100% digital bank that truly serves customers’ best interests. We are a close knit and fun-loving team of seasoned financial services professionals who came together for the challenge of building a bank from scratch – and we are committed to doing it all the right way (from technology infrastructure to modern marketing to customer experience).
We work with the flexibility and speed of start-up. But we also have significant stability and capital from being part of the SMBC Group (Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation). SMBC is the 2nd largest bank in Japan, and the 12th largest bank in the world with operations in over 40 countries. And SMBC is committed to disrupting the US marketplace with ground-breaking products.
It’s the best of both worlds, and we are seeking proven marketing leaders to propel us towards national launch. We have both the ambitious growth plans and the ‘patient capital’ necessary to execute a multi-year plan. Join us on the journey to deliver an exciting concept of evolved banking.
- We are looking for an accomplished Content Marketing and SEO leader to build and oversee a unified narrative for our brand, editorial plan, and distribution strategy across channels (including Social Media management).
- This leader is both strategic and creative. They possess a combination of marketing and publishing mindsets to provide thought leadership in distilling a mass of potential messages into cohesive and compelling stories.
- You will build a deep understanding our target audience and leverage those insights to develop valuable content that assists with prospect and customer journey KPIs.
- This position will work closely with talented partners across brand marketing, performance marketing, product management, customer experience, and technology teams in a collaborative culture (and fast-paced environment).
- Reporting into the Head of Marketing, this role will be instrumental in both initial launches and when products have matured.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build out a new Content Marketing organization:
- You will need to toggle back and forth between the big picture and the details. You’ll need to create content yourself while in parallel building out the strategies, editorial calendar, processes, and organization needed to scale this exciting business.
- Establish the workflows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Determine needed support resources.
- Drive content strategy creation:
- Leverage research and multiple data sources to identify breakthrough content opportunities that will drive our brand and product goals.
- Organize topics and messages into an editorial plan with a bias towards quality over quantity.
- Lead content production and activation:
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience across channels.
- Lead and coach both internal and external agency content producers. Be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Integrate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Distribute and manage content (partnering with cross-functional teams as necessary). Keep the trains of content production running on time and in order.
- Performance Monitoring and Improvement:
- Assess the alignment between your vision in the editorial plan and the final outcome.
- Work closely with analytics SME’s to use data on content consumption to identify under-performing and over-performing campaigns.
- Modify either the content strategy or the campaign strategy to continuously improve the following types of metrics:
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- Social media positive sentiment and engagement metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Be the marketing team owner of the CMS platform powering our website and oversee all content updates.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com