Website Bellevue School District
The Bellevue School District acknowledges that we learn, work, live and gather on the Indigenous Land of the Coast Salish peoples, specifically the Duwamish and Snoqualmie Tribes. We thank these caretakers of this land, who have lived and continue to live here, since time immemorial.
The position of Digital & Social Media Marketing Specialist is for the purpose/s of coordination and implementation of digital and social media strategies and content in support of the District.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
The Bellevue School District is committed to a diverse workforce representative of our students, one that embraces and models cultural competency as an international community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Responsible for social media management: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Next Door, and the investigation and expansion into other relevant social medium
- Strategy and engagement: monitors post engagement, funnels information and intelligence for optimization across other BSD medium, utilizes Let’s Talk
- Develops content for each channel as appropriate, schedules and produces posts consistently
- Prepares monthly social media calendar
- Develops and executes on all media platforms utilized by the District
- Reports analytics and engagement on all platforms and uses information for further planning
- Creates engagement campaigns for staff, parents, and students as appropriate, based in part on communication-community engagement calendar
- Photographs school community and builds a digital library of approved pictures for team/staff use
- Supports web efforts with posts of social media content to the Web
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Reports directly to and is supervised by Chief Communications and Engagement Officer
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Digital Media, Digital Culture or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with direct website management experience
- Experience in graphic arts design and production for digital media
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with public sector or non-profit organizations
- Experience with video design and production
- Relevant experience may be used to substitute required degree
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Valid Washing State driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Utilizes various applications for the purpose of design and revision of social media and digital content
- Possesses basic knowledge of web design and content layout
- Demonstrates graphic design skills as required for the position using Photoshop and other applications
- Demonstrates skills in video production and basic animation
- Familiar with website platforms: WordPress, Finalsite, School Messenger, etc.
- Familiar with Canva, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premier Pro, etc.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Possesses effective writing skills for use in multiple platforms and publications
- Possesses basic skills in web design and script
- Ability to design and implement content through various digital and social media
- Ability to merge graphic design elements with digital content
- Ability to create visual images and concepts from writing, flowcharts, schedules
- Ability to take complex concepts and create visual illustrations
- Ability to manage multiple projects and respond to urgent needs to utilize and update web and social media content
- Demonstrates multicultural sensitivity with the ability to effectively and collaboratively work with diverse populations
- Ability to perform all duties in accordance with all applicable Board policies and district and legal requirements
- Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
CTSA salary level 8 ($82,650 – $87,000 annual salary), 40 hours per week, for a 260-day annual assignment. Benefits include retirement, medical, dental, vacation, holidays, and other benefits according to Board policy.
All BSD employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by hire date. Failure to submit proof of vaccination or qualify for a reasonable accommodation will result in withdrawal of job offer.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed. The successful candidate for this position must be fingerprinted. Employment is contingent upon clearance by Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The company did not fill out the description.
Bellevue School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Lowell, 425-456-4010 or email@example.com; Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Heather Edlund, 425-456-4156 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Civil Rights/Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator Nancy Pham 425-456-4040 or email@example.com. Address for all three: 12111 NE 1st St., Bellevue, WA 98005
To apply for this job please visit bsd405.org.