Website Dayton Public Schools
Dayton Public Schools is an urban district with more than 12000 students in pre-kindergarten through high school.
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent, the Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the district’s social media, website, and graphic design for print and digital publications. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be a critical component of the DPS Public Information Office.
Please submit samples of graphic design work with your application.
The Dayton Way
- Support and maintain the District’s core principles in the areas of professionalism, curriculum, instruction, culture, and customer service. Demonstrate courage, compassion, patience, and a passion for marketing in daily activities.
- Meet the challenges of delivering positive and informative news in an urban school district. Uphold the district’s core values in all public information deliverance.
- Build confidence in students, parents, staff and administrators, and community stakeholders through positive and informative social media and website content.
- Collaborate and engage effectively with district staff, students, and community members to gather and deliver important news information.
- Build positive rapport and trust with families and community partners to facilitate their engagement in district efforts.
- Participate in district-organized professional development activities and seek out opportunities for self-development to improve instruction design and delivery skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides graphic design for print and digital district publications
- Examples include the district’s annual printed calendar, marketing postcards, digital graphics for social media/website, etc.
- Manages DPS website
- Trains school webpage coordinators to make individual school page updates.
- Ensures DPS website is always up-to-date; frequently checks website content for relevancy and accuracy and removes/adds content as needed.
- Manages DPS social media
- Manages district social media pages and provides support and training to school/department social media coordinators.
- Produces content for DPS social media pages that keep parents, families, and stakeholders engaged, informed and proud of the district.
- Ensures district social media platforms are customer service oriented; responds to parental and community inquiries or concerns and assists with connecting them with the appropriate departments to resolve issues.
- Uses social media management software as needed.
- Manages ParentSquare (district robocall system)
- Trains principals and department heads as needed on using ParentSquare
- Provides additional ParentSquare support to principals and district administrators when needed.
- Collects and analyzes digital media metrics to inform the district’s digital media strategy
- Collaborates with various departments to deliver pertinent messages to various audiences across Web and social media platforms
- Maintains frequent, strategic discussions with administrators and the department regarding potential issues with the district and how to best represent them across DPS’ web and social media properties
- Maintains presence at important or newsworthy district events to capture photos/footage for social media and/or real-time social media sharing.
- Assists the department with planning and executing district-level attendance campaign events and communication efforts.
- Stays up-to-date on marketing trends and social media platforms.
- Performs additional duties as required or assigned by Supervisor.
CORE BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES
- Dependability = attendance, response time, completion
- Integrity = honesty, being loyal to the absent, ethical decision-making
- Collaboration = seeking out teamwork, building bridges
- Compassion = showing concern, seeking to understand, being kind
- Excellence = being professional, achieving goals, stretching ourselves
- Coping with Stress = think critically and solve problems in difficult situations; capable of handling interruptions effectively
- Interpersonal Skills = successfully interact and engage with students, families, colleagues, administrators, and others; enjoy working with children
- Presentation Skills = creatively share information verbally and in writing to build interest and engage student learners; organize and present information in meaningful, easy-to-understand ways
- Adaptability and Flexibility = willingness to change methods and approaches as appropriate
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, Graphic Design or related field.
Knowledge & Experience
- A minimum of three years of writing experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and strategic questioning and communication skills
- Fully capable of meeting deadlines, with the ability to effectively and simultaneously manage and execute multiple projects and priorities.
- Graphic design skills required.
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Experience with managing social media pages preferred.
- Experience and proficiency in HTML, CSS and software, not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Canva, iMovie, Microsoft Office and content management systems.
- Proven success at capturing audiences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Can work effectively in both independent and team environments, with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees, especially key school officials or their representatives.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, hear, see, read, speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, crouch, kneel, stoop, and climb stairs
- Occasionally lift and/or move lightweight items up to 40 lbs.
- Work will be split between main office and school buildings
- Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue
- Work may be subject to frequent interruptions
- Potential exposure to disruptive parents and students
- Some assignments are subject to completion within strict timelines
- Travel for meetings, professional development activities, and work assignments
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com